To keep up-to-date and running smoothly, your FieldKit Station needs regular attention, whether that be the software, firmware, or physical hardware.
Update the App
Make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed on your phone. You can either do this through your phone’s settings, or go to Settings > Help > Version and toggle on “Download Updates” for automatic updates.
Update the Firmware
Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware installed on your station. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Mobile app
Note: In both situations, you need to ensure that you have a microSD card in the Station microSD card holder. MicroSD cards are not included in FieldKit products, but we highly recommend that you buy one separately. You need a microSD card to collect logs for diagnostics and troubleshooting, back up your data and update your firmware.
Update Firmware through the Mobile App
To update your station’s firmware through the mobile app, you have to first force the system to check for new firmware (by logging into the app), and then have an active phone-to-station connection.
- Insert a microSD card into the microSD card holder on the Station.
- On your phone, make sure that you are on the internet so you can log in.
- Log in to the app (this will force a check for new firmware).
- Connect to your FieldKit Station (via either the Station WiFi or a WiFi network). Note: you may need to open your phone’s WiFi settings to swap WiFi networks.
- Go to Station Settings > Firmware.
- Click “Update Firmware.”
- The app screen should now confirm the new firmware build number.
- If it’s nearby, you can double check that your Station has rebooted and the screen now displays the new firmware build number.
Update Firmware through the Station
To update your station’s firmware through the station itself, you have to download the latest firmware version onto a microSD card, configure it, and use the Station screen menu. To confirm via your phone, you have to first force the system to check for new firmware (by logging into the app), and then have an active phone-to-station connection.
- Insert a microSD card into your computer.
- Download this zip file.
- Uncompress the zip file into root of the microSD card.
- Transfer all files from within the uncompressed zip file into the top level of the microSD, so that there are no subdirectories.
- Remove the microSD card from your computer and insert into your Station.
- On your Station screen, go to Tools > SD Upgrade.
- Your station will reboot with updated firmware, and the screen should now confirm the new firmware build number.
- If you have the app available, make sure that you are on the internet so you can log in. Log in and connect to your FieldKit Station. Under Station Settings > Firmware, it should now display the new firmware build number.
Recalibrate your Sensors
You need to recalibrate your sensors at regular intervals to keep them accurate. Check the Set Up Modules section and navigate to your particular sensor for details on how often to recalibrate.
Look After the Hardware
The better you look after your physical hardware, the longer it will last. Check out our Care Instructions for more details.