Open Positions at FieldKit
Senior Software Engineer
Conservify (Conservify.org) is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by lowering the barrier to entry for effective conservation. Through the development of new accessible technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of their mission to build an “open conservation” community, Conservify is currently developing an innovative new product called FieldKit, due to launch in 2020. The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product will be low cost and easy to use, and will bridge the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data storytelling through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. The first of its kind in the conservation space, it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
Conservify is seeking a hands-on Senior Software Engineer with front end and back end experience developing rich web and mobile applications, and a strong desire to build a best-in-class product that stands out in both form and function. They must have a passion for conservation technology, to learn and share knowledge with other team members, and to engage a passionate open source community. If you meet the below criteria and want to see your work impact positively on the environment and our planet’s natural treasures, then we want to speak with you.
Position to start Immediately.
- Golang, PostgreSQL, Goa, Sqlx
- Leads design and development of projects, either independently or in a team
- Assists with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Provides mentorship to junior team members and participate in design decisions
- 2+ years as a professional software developer
- Strong familiarity with front and back end web development
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience writing automated tests for front and back end features
- Attention to writing scalable and maintainable code and a passion for quality
- Intimate knowledge of JS and Golang ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.)
- Passion for learning and sharing new knowledge with team members
Strong organization and communication skills
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the role to which you’re applying in your email subject.